Important decisions taken in the Cabinet meeting on March 8, 2018.
- In the meeting of the Cabinet Ministers, the draft of Bihar State Language (Jharkhand Amendment) Ordinance 2018 was approved for declaring Maghi, Bhojpuri, Maithili and Angika as second language of Jharkhand state. Before that in Jharkhand, 12 languages including Urdu, Santhali, Mundari, Ho, Khadiya, Kurukh (Uraon), Kurmali, Khortha, Nagpuri, Panchpargania, Bangla and Oriya have been given the status of second official language.
- Cabinet Ministers has approved the change of the headquarter of the Special India Reserve (primitive tribe) battalion from Dumka to Pakur.
- Jharkhand Legislature has approved amendment of salary allowances and pension rules 2015.
- The voucher-based clearance was approved as per the consultation of the Department (Finance Department) with the plan in the Centrally Sponsored New Scheme, Blue Revolution Scheme in the financial year 2016-17.
- 4 Revenue Villages of Dhanwar Zone under Giridih District approval has been given to form Dhanwar Nagar Panchayat jointly.
- In the light of the recommendation from the State Election Commission, Jharkhand, Ranchi, about vacant posts in the state bodies (28 municipalities, 06 newly formed municipal bodies, general election for 34 general bodies and other 04 bodies) acceptance of the election program dated 16.04.2018 has been approved.
- Financial sanction of Rs. 48,72,25,000 / – was given for universities for the construction of a multipurpose examination hall in each district of the State, in the financial year 2017-18.
- Under the e-Courts Project, the approval was given to increase the monthly contractual amount of the system officer working in the civil court.
- Jharkhand State Judicial Officers have been granted wage revision to provide interim benefits in respect of the seventh Central Pay Revision.
- On the expenditure incurred on various works done for organizing Jharkhand State Foundation Day 2017 and the total amount of 10,88,95,470 rupees was given after work.
- Purchase of Hydraulic platform of the height of 55 meters for Ranchi and 42 meter for Jamshedpur and Dhanbad was approved by a disaster management for fire service.